How to Stay Fit and be a Parent
How do you workout and be a great parent? Is it possible to have both?
The answer is a resounding...YES!
The key to staying fit, while having duties as a spouse and parent, comes down to prioritization. You cannot have everything, but you can do something. Create a plan for some type of activity everyday, even if you don't have a full hour to devote to fitness.
Try these tips:
- Workout for 15 minutes in the morning as part of your daily routine (No excuses at the end of the day!)
- Take the whole family on a walk after dinner.
- Pick something active instead of the latest episode on television or a rerun of Friends!
- Instead of eating at your work desk, eat your lunch while walking.
- Take the stairs.
- Ride a bicycle to work or in the evenings with the kids.
- Try 10 minutes of strength training in the morning and evening.
- Just do something!!!
- Here are some more tips from WebMD about Parents Who Exercise